Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Wal Mart using bloggers?

The New York Times reports that some bloggers have ghostwriters:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/07/technology/07blog.html

Now, I think Wal-Mart has the right to use whatever means it wishes to put out its message, as long at it is legal. And having others contribute material to blogs is pretty common; I've contributed to DovBear and SerandEz, and I’m working on a contribution to another blog whose owner has invited me to guest post.

But is Wal-Mart so embarrassed at its public policy positions that it needs to be anonymous? This isn’t an anonymous individual blogger but the largest retailer in the world!

I will let my (few, at least so far) readers know if anyone else contributes material here. I somehow suspect I won't be hearing from Wal-Mart.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ezzie said...

Wal-Mart was very open about what they were doing, which is good PR.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Jak Black said...

I'm not really sure what you have against Wal-Mart. They really are a great company. Great selection too.






(this advertisement paid for by Friends of Wal-Mart)

2:21 AM  
Anonymous Karen W said...

Great read tthanks

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home